Disaster Relief Customer Protections
At San Jose Water, we are committed to providing support to our customers when facing the unimaginable — the loss of a home, business or property due to a disaster declared by the state or federal government. If you are a victim in this situation, we can assist in the following ways:
- Waive bills if you lose your home or if it is deemed uninhabitable.
- Automatically close accounts from homes destroyed and waive your final bill.
- Provide an additional bill credit for customers whose homes are not destroyed, but are damaged or uninhabitable for a time; and/or prorate your monthly service charge.
- Provide a bill credit if you had to evacuate (to account for time away from home) and/or prorate your monthly service charge.
- Waive any deposit requirements for residents and small businesses seeking to reestablish service for one year.
- Expedite start/end service requests.
- Suspend disconnection for non-payment and related fees (late fees, deposits).
- Suspend collection activities for non-payment.
- Stop any estimated usage for billing attributed to time when your home was unoccupied due to an event.
- Offer extended payment plan options on a case-by-case basis.
- Work with you to resolve unpaid bills and minimize disconnections for non-payment.
- Waive deposit requirements for customers for one year.
- Waive reconnection or facility fees for those affected.
Please give us a call at (408) 279-7900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.