Due to COVID-19, no CATCH appointments are available at this time.
What is CATCH?
San Jose Water developed the CATCH program to empower our customers to understand and optimize their water use. Every home needs a water check up from time to time. With this free program, a water efficiency expert can visit your home to check for leaks and recommend critical water and money-saving improvements. With CATCH, you can be confident you’re maximizing your water efficiency.
Personalizing Customer Service // Optimizing Your Water Systems // Encouraging Conservation // Empowering Customers
What Happens During an Appointment?
To start off your CATCH appointment, your Water Efficiency Expert will answer any preliminary questions and make sure any concerns you may have are addressed. They will then assess your home’s water efficiency indoors, outdoors, or both, according to your preference. To finish the appointment, they will share their findings with you and offer resources to help address any issues that may have been found. Here are a few things your Water Efficiency Expert can do during your appointment:
- Check for inefficient plumbing fixtures and appliances
- Make recommendations for plumbing replacements if needed
- Check for leaking toilets and faucets and offer advice on leak repair
- Show you how to read your water meter and how to check for leaks
- Check hoses, pools, fountains and ponds for leaks
- If a leak is discovered, estimate the amount of water lost
- Review irrigation schedules and make recommendations if needed
- Check for broken sprinkler heads and excessive runoff
Quick Water Use Facts
- The average water use per person per day in California is 117 gallons.1
- Most household water is used for irrigation and other outdoor purposes.2
- Average household leaks in the U.S. account for almost 10,000 gallons of wasted water per year.3 That’s enough drinking water to sustain one person for almost 40 years!4
- On average, standard toilets account for 30% of indoor water use. Efficient models can save 20% per flush.3
Have more questions? Ready to schedule your CATCH appointment?