SJW is Maintaining Safe and Reliable Water Service During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
We have spent the past year ensuring the safety of our employees and customers. As we all begin to emerge from COVID, we will keep you updated on any changes to our processes.
What kind of financial help is San Jose Water offering due to COVID-19?
As we continue to deliver safe and reliable water during this time, we appreciate your payment. However, we know many of you have been impacted financially. Below, we have laid out the relief available to customers during this difficult time.
- No water shutoffs
- Flexible and extended payment plans
- No deposit requirements on new service
- WRAP (Water Rate Assistance Program)
- Provides a 15% discount on the total water bill for eligible low-income customers.
- No collection activity for non-payment
Please reach out to us at (408) 279-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help.
What is San Jose Water doing to ensure customers are protected from COVID-19?
While monitoring the state and national advisories regarding COVID-19, we have shared with our employees the preventative measures provided by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on how they can minimize the risk of catching COVID-19. San Jose Water also has robust emergency operations and business continuity plans that include the possibility of a pandemic. We have already and will continue to update them for COVID-19 as necessary to meet our service obligations to our customers and communities.
Start, Stop, and Transfer Service
SJW is still processing requests for starting, stopping, and transferring your water service. To make a request, fill out the form here: www.sjwater.com/myservice. You’ll receive an email confirmation after we have processed your request.
- TIP: Send in your request at least 24 hours prior to needing it completed. If you prefer to make your request by phone, give us a call at (408) 279-7900 during normal business hours.
To continue keeping everyone healthy and safe, our technicians working in the field are available for limited essential emergency services. If you identify something that might require a property visit from one of our field technicians, our Customer Service team can assist. We will need to discuss the issue and do some fact finding over the phone or through email, whichever you prefer.
Please note – our field technicians are not making contact in person at this time. If we do respond to your property for an essential on-site investigation, we ask that you remain inside. The field technician will contact you by phone upon arrival and then call again afterwards to discuss the outcome of the investigation.
San Jose Water has no-contact CATCH water conservation appointments available. For more information, go to www.sjwater.com/catch.
We are committed to the health and wellbeing of our employees and customers. Keeping our employees away from situations where the virus may be present will help to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- TIP: For help identifying leaks, visit www.sjwater.com/customer-care/help-information/leaks-water-loss
For the health & safety of our customers and employees, here are the ways to submit your payments:
Phone: Call (408) 279-7900 for our free automated payment service using your checking or saving account, available 24/7.
- TIP: When making your phone payment, you will first be asked for your San Jose Water Account Number. Have it handy and ready! Later in the phone payment process, you’ll be asked for your checking account routing and checking number information. Remember – you cannot use a deposit slip. Checking account information is required for your payment to be processed.
Online: Visit www.sjwater.com/customer-care/billing-payment to submit a payment online with your checking or savings account.
- TIP: Don’t forget to click the second submit button so your payment actually gets submitted for processing!
Mail: You can also mail your payment to: San Jose Water Company, 110 West Taylor Street, San Jose, CA 95110
- TIP: Please include your billing statement stub or service address/account number when mailing your payment.