SJW Maintained Safe and Reliable Water Service During COVID-19
As restrictions ease, we will keep you updated on any changes to our processes.
What kind of financial help is San Jose Water offering due to COVID-19?
As we deliver safe and reliable water, we appreciate your payment. However, we know many of you have been impacted financially. Below, we have laid out ways we can help.
- Flexible and extended payment plans
- No deposit requirements on new service
- WRAP (Water Rate Assistance Program)
- Provides a 15% discount on the total water bill for eligible low-income customers.
Please reach out to us at (408) 279-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is San Jose Water doing to ensure customers are protected from COVID-19?
While monitoring the state and national advisories regarding COVID-19, we have shared with our employees the preventative measures provided by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on how they can minimize the risk of catching COVID-19. San Jose Water also has robust emergency operations and business continuity plans that include the possibility of a pandemic. We have already and will continue to update them for COVID-19 as necessary to meet our service obligations to our customers and communities.
Start, Stop, and Transfer Service
SJW processes requests for starting, stopping, and transferring your water service. To make a request, fill out the form here: www.sjwater.com/myservice. You’ll receive an email confirmation after we have processed your request.
- TIP: Send in your request at least 24 hours prior to needing it completed. If you prefer to make your request by phone, give us a call at (408) 279-7900 during normal business hours.
If you identify something that might require a property visit from one of our field technicians, our Customer Service team can assist. We will need to discuss the issue and do some fact finding over the phone or through email, whichever you prefer.
San Jose Water has no-contact CATCH water conservation appointments available. For more information, go to www.sjwater.com/catch.
- TIP: For help identifying leaks, visit www.sjwater.com/customer-care/help-information/leaks-water-loss
For the health & safety of our customers and employees, here are the ways to submit your payments:
Phone: Call (408) 279-7900 for our free automated payment service using your checking or saving account, available 24/7.
- TIP: When making your phone payment, you will first be asked for your San Jose Water Account Number. Have it handy and ready! Later in the phone payment process, you’ll be asked for your checking account routing and checking number information. Remember – you cannot use a deposit slip. Checking account information is required for your payment to be processed.
Online: Visit www.sjwater.com/customer-care/billing-payment to submit a payment online with your checking or savings account.
- TIP: Don’t forget to click the second submit button so your payment actually gets submitted for processing!
Mail: You can also mail your payment to: San Jose Water Company, 110 West Taylor Street, San Jose, CA 95110
- TIP: Please include your billing statement stub or service address/account number when mailing your payment.