We have updated our Privacy Policy. Our policy describes how we may collect, use, process and share your personal information. We use cookies which vary by type and jurisdiction. 
Visit the Your Privacy Choices link at the bottom of our website, which describes cookies we use and how to manage them.

Customers may register a complaint against a public utility regulated by the CPUC. However, before registering a complaint with the CPUC, the customer is first required to try to resolve the complaint informally by contacting the utility. If the customer is unable to resolve the dispute with the utility, a complaint may be filed with the Consumer Affairs Branch (CAB) of the CPUC using U.S. Mail, fax, telephone, or E-mail. The CAB has a complaint form that may be downloaded from the CPUC's website.

Complaints concerning billing and service should be mailed to:

CPUC - Consumer Affairs Branch
505 Van Ness Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94102

Issues concerning public safety should be mailed to:

Utilities Safety Branch
505 Van Ness Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94102

To fax a complaint:

(415) 703-1158 or (415) 703-1910

To contact the CPUC regarding service and billing related complaints:

1-800-649-7570 or (415) 703-1170; from 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM Pacific Time.