Distribution System Laborer/Worker
Utility Worker CA
We are actively seeking talented, driven and highly-productive applicants for the position of Distribution System Laborer/Worker to join our dynamic team. We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment along with a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Founded in 1866, San Jose Water is an investor-owned water utility headquartered in San Jose. SJW Group also owns a water utility serving the rapidly growing 200 square miles between Austin and San Antonio, a water development business, and other interests. SJW’s operations leverage a regional approach, technology, and most importantly, a top-quality team to provide water and exceptional customer service at the lowest possible price.
Under general supervision of Department Supervisors and Crew Leaders perform distribution system installations, routine operations and maintenance work as required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Repair leaks on mains, services or hydrants; raise valve or meter boxes or various other duties.
- Under direction, perform main, service and appurtenance installations.
- Perform work on the distribution or transmission system, intakes, flumes, or stream beds as required.
- Perform any work, primarily manual labor, related to the system as required.
- Perform duties and operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Report to Supervisors or Crewleaders any irregularities or safety hazards.
- Possession of a valid California Class C driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Working knowledge of the identification and use of common hand and power tools, common equipment.
- Ability to perform strenuous outdoor physical work requiring manual dexterity, agility, strength, stamina, and coordination.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND PAY RATE
- Distribution System Laborer ($23.524 - $29.958/hr) - Possession of valid California Class C driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Distribution System Worker I ($28.001 - $34.394/hr) - Possession of valid California Class B Commercial driver’s license with an air brake endorsement and satisfactory driving record.
San Jose Water offers competitive salaries, a pleasant working environment, and an excellent benefits program, including fully paid comprehensive medical and dental plans, long-term disability plan, employee stock purchase plan, 401(k) salary deferral plan with a matching program and a defined contribution retirement plan. To learn more about San Jose Water’s comprehensive benefits package, please visit the Employee Benefits page.
San Jose Water is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other classification protected by applicable State or Federal employment discrimination laws.